Jackson Hole Activities: Great Hiking Trails!
Jackson Hole, Wyoming is one of the most amazing scenic spots in the United States. Nestled in the valley next to the Grand Teton Mountains, Jackson Hole is an outdoor-lovers paradise. There are dozen of amazing outdoor Jackson Hole activities to try out. Spend some time hiking, biking or fishing on the Snake River in the Grand Teton Mountains. There are dozens of great hiking spots located in the Jackson Hole area for beginner hikers all the way up to expert hikers. Check out some of these great hiking trails located in the Grand Teton National Park by Jackson Hole during your next vacation to the area.
- Jackson Lake Area- There are multiple hiking trails around Jackson Lake that are easy to do and offer beautiful views that are great for pictures.
- Leigh, Bearpaw, and Trapper Lakes- This area is perfect for novice hikers as the area is mostly flat. The area has stunning views of the north face of the Teton Mountains.
- Cascade Canyon- One of the Grand Teton National Park’s most popular hiking spots. The hike starts at Jenny Lake and goes upwards 200 feet up to Inspiration Point that overlooks the lake and the east side of the park.
- Pacific Creek- There are three different hiking trails around Pacific Creek ranging from seven to thirteen miles roundtrip. These trails are more backcountry and basic survival knowledge is required but they aren’t strenuous hikes.
- Paintbrush Canyon- This hike is located in one of the quieter spots in the Grand Teton National Park. The hike starts by String Lake and follow the Holly Lake trail. The trail is heavily wooded at the beginning but will take hikers 2,625 feet upwards on this 12.4 mile hike roundtrip.
- Death Canyon- Trails in death canyon range from 1.8 to 7.6 miles and require experience. This is one of the least traveled sections of the Grand Tetons but offers some of the most spectacular views as well as tons of amazing flora and fauna.
Check out these amazing hiking trails when you stay at a great Jackson Hole hotel like the Lodge at Jackson Hole. They are located not far from the Grand Teton National Park where all of these hiking trails are located.